Republic of the Gambia
Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATION FOR MoBSE SCHOLARSHIPS TENABLE AT THE UTG
This form is intended to serve as a source of information for MoBSE staff seeking scholarships tenable at the University of the Gambia (UTG) to pursue first degree courses.
Section A: General Eligibility Requirements
1. All applications must be on the MoBSE prescribed application form; the Training Committee (TC) is not obliged to consider any application that is not on the prescribed application form which is to be received by the set dead line.
2. All applicants must be qualified teachers with not less than 3 years of teaching experience for HTC holders and 5 years of teaching experience for PTC holders.
3. Applicants must have a current unconditional acceptance or offer from the UTG. Those with admission earlier than the current year must do the necessary deferment before applying and those with conditional offer must meet the conditions on the offer before applying for scholarship.
4. Applicants must be duly admitted at the School of Education of the UTG.
5. All applicants must have 2 relevant subjects; one as major and the other as minor.
6. Late submissions will not be accepted or considered by the TC.
7. Applicants must be confirmed in the establishment, ready to duly sign the requisite bonds and apply for study leave with salary.
8. The TC will consider only applicants who are admitted at the UTG on full time basis; applications from part time students will not be considered.
Section B: The Application form
1. Application forms can be collected from Human Resources Directorate (HRD) or any Regional Education Directorate. Application forms can also be downloaded from this LINK and printed. Application forms are not for sale.
2. All sections on the form are mandatory and therefore should be completely filled and submitted to Director HRD at Kanifing Education Complex not later than the closing date; late submissions will not be considered.
3. The signature section on the application form must be duly signed; in the case of applicants from the subvented institutions, the form should be signed by the principal or the education secretariat as the case may be.
4. Priority areas will be indicated in the advertisement.
Section C: Scholarship package
The scholarship shall consist of tuition fees which is payable directly to the university, book bills and project or research allowance.